Tue, Oct 17|
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 6:00 PM CST | Zoom Webinar | Featuring John Baier, M.S.
Date & Time
Oct 17, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Are you a high school student interested in applying to a STEM-based major? Do you want to learn about the most recent trends in admissions, particularly within the STEM field, and the strategies to apply for these competitive programs? Register today for Access College America’s college planning presentation on “Diving into the World of STEM.”
- How to maximize your involvement by discussing recommendations for research, internships, school activities and summer planning!
- The role of testing, test planning and timing!
- Tips for academic planning!
- How sequencing your classes strategically matters!
- the importance of demonstrating a fit-to-major in your application, specifically for STEM majors!
- Alternative majors to consider!
John Baier, MS
College Consulting Director
Access College America
John studied at Purdue University. He completed his Bachelor's in psychology and Master's in Health and Kinesiology. As someone fascinated with impacting people's behavior, he took his knowledge of health and behavior change theory and worked with students as an executive functioning specialist.
John's previous work with students helped them to better understand how to create effective organization strategies during the college application process. Additionally, this work also provided insight on how to overcome procrastination to stay on task and complete application components on time.
Not able to attend this webinar but want information about college planning services? Click here to schedule a 30-minute consultation today!