Mon, Jul 10|
For Class of '24
Activity List Lab (for Class of '24)
Date & Time
Jul 10, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
For Class of '24
About the Event
***Exclusively for Access College America scholars***
The Common Application Activity List is often used as a replacement for the resume in the college application. It is a list of 10 activities that the applicant has delved into over the span of their high school experience. It is an opportunity to highlight intellectual curiosities, accomplishments and showcase talent in a contextually rich way. But be advised: You only have 150 characters per entry! Strategy is needed.
Using our template, we will help you narrow your Common Application Activities List to your top 10 entries. We will discuss organization, rank and description. We will also look at tips for strengthening your list. We will discuss action verbs, provide suggestions to lengthen (or shorten) your descriptions for maximum impact.
- Revised Scholar Vitae & Resume
- 2 Pens
- notebook for taking notes
- 3-to-5 blank sheets of paper
- This is a hands-on working lab with camera & audio on. Participation is required for all attendees.
- We suggest water & snacks readily available.
- Plan to be in a quite location suitable for brainstorming activities and writing.
- You MUST be at a desk and in front of a computer (no phones allowed).
John Baier, MS
College Consulting Director
Access College America
John Baier, MS is the College Consulting Director. He studied at Purdue University. He completed his Bachelor's in psychology and Master's in Health and Kinesiology. John is the College Consultant Director for Access College America and assists his scholars with competitive strategies for college admissions. Additionally, as someone fascinated with impacting people's behavior, he has extensive knowledge of health and behavior change theory which allows him to provide additional skills in the area of executive functioning.